Re: YES!!!!! ALPHA ON A HAND HELD!!!!

From:           	"Docfester" <docfester@mindspring.com>
To:             	"Amsat-Bb" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Subject:        	[amsat-bb] YES!!!!! ALPHA ON A HAND HELD!!!!
Date sent:      	Sat, 4 Nov 2000 08:44:23 -0500

> I just heard Alpha on a handheld for the 13:16 UTC (7:16 ET) pass!! 143.625 On a
> RADIO SHACK Pro-64 handheld scanner NO EXTERNAL ANTENNA (my Mom and Dad as
> witnesses!!)
>
> Any QSL's for ISS-Alpha?

sorry, bub...can't get a qsl card for listening to them when they are not on the
ham equipment. 143MHz is not in the ham bands. they are not going to be
active on ham bands until later this month. you will have many chances to talk
to them in order to get a qsl card. the qsl route has not been determined yet.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz