Re: Software Defined DSP Satellite Radio Project?

Howie.  I very quick suggestion while there is time to formulate your
thinking on 28 MHz IF.  Be sure to include at least THREE MHz of
continuous tuning range!  28 to 31 MHz would be OK if we insist that
28 MHz represent the lower portion of any weak signal segment.  Obviously
I am suggesting this with an eye on the 70 cm band:  432 to 435 MHz for
weak signal and 435 to 438 for the satellite band.
     In addition, the 2400 to 2403 MHz and 2430 to 2433 MHz downlink can
be covered continuously as well.     Cliff K7RR