Re: Why no satellite uplink on 10 meters in ARRL bandplan?

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Randolph Kohlwey wrote:

> Anyone know why 10 meters only has a Satellite downlink (29.300-29.510)
> in the ARRL band plan and not an uplink?  I can find no restriction in the
> ITU frequency allocations.
>
> Thanks,  Randy  N7SFI

Neither could I.  I think it is just historical, because no one has an
uplink there, that the "downlink" label just stuck...  But as I presented
at the AMSAT conference, I think it wouild make an ideal newbe-uplink band
because everyone would be using the sam nominal 25W type 10m rig for
uplink and because of the size of antennas, just about everyone would be
using a WHIP or dipole and have about the same ERP...

de WB4APR, Bob