RE: Software Defined DSP Satellite Radio Project?

The other alternative is to let it evolve and take its own form, and the
appropriate management structure should hopefully form as time goes by.

Linux wasn't "planned" as an overnight Internet phenomenon, and it's one of
the most successful examples of open source software.

At some stage, we would need a body to establish standards for the project,
so the various components can have a good chance of working as a system,
when brought together with the rest of the project.

And yes, a mailing list, probably several (announcements, hardware,
software, development, management/committee... you get the picture), and at
least a newsgroup (for the general ham population to discuss the project),
at some stage down the track, spread it as wide as possible.

It actually sounds like a fun and worthwhile project, and one way that hams,
using the examples out forward by Linux, GNU and others to advance the radio
art in a way that commercial entities would find very difficult to do.

Tony Langdon.
Systems Development and Support.