From: David M. Tipton, PhD [mailto:tiptond@psi.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 9:13 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Placement of Mounting U-Bolts on M2 Antennas

Currently, I have the U-Bolt assemblies on my M2 2mc14 and 436cp30 mounted
in the recommended place which is about the middle of the boom.  In making
plans to put up a tower in the next few months, I realized that there was
no way these antennas were gonna go on it.

I decided to move them over to the chimney over the next few weeks in
preperation for the tower.  Then I realized that due to the height of my
chimney, I'm probably going to have to mount these on a less than optimal
piece of mast.  I'd like to still be able to clear the chimney by at least
2 feet.  Which means on a 10 Foot piece of 2 Inch mast strapped to the
chimney, I'm going to have to move the U-Bolt assemblies closer to the
driven elements by about a Foot and a half.

How badly is this gonna screw me up?

Dave, N8KXA