SEC: UNCLASSIFIED - Article Info: P3D Public Relations Opportunity

Several days ago I posted info on an article I am writing for the Canberra
Times http://www.canberratimes.com.au <http://www.canberratimes.com.au>
and also mentioned this:

		> 7. Does anyone want to begin lobbying their local
newspaper for
		> publication of this article....?  (I will make available a
		> 'fill-in-the-local-blanks' version available if the
Canberra Times will
		> allow.)

Since then, I have been contacted by several people off-list who are
intending to offer 'local' copies of the article to their newspapers.

I have been told that THE COPYRIGHT ON THE ARTICLE REMAINS WITH ME.

Therefore, I will offer the material to those interested, on a web site
(and/or AMSAT.ORG) with suitable other information and pictures that will
allow it to be downloaded by other news outlets.

May I suggest that, if you think there is a market for this, approach your
local newspaper, say something like, "The article and accompanying photos is
being prepared, and will be available around 9th November in two basic forms
(1,000-1,200 words for 1 page broadsheet, and 1,800-2,000 words for 2 pages
broadsheet). The launch is planned for 14th November so it might be a good
filler for the week before the event. An updated version will also be there
a day or two after the launch for follow-up or after-the-event articles".

Peter R. Ellis
VK1KEP
in Canberra, the Capital city of Australia
Publicity Officer, Wireless Institute of Australia (ACT Division) i.e.VK1
Email: publicity@vk1.wia.ampr.org <mailto:publicity@vk1.wia.ampr.org>