Jewelry Contest Winner

First of all we would like to thank Caroline, George and crew for their
flawless arrangements.  For us it was a tremendous eight day vacation.

Next we are announcing our retirement from the Jewelry Contest.  We've
thoroughly enjoyed it for eight years, and we consider that to be "term
limits".

We thank everyone, participants and supporters, for the spirit in which it was
received.  Next year, in Atlanta, we look forward to being an entrant.
Ken Ernandes, N2WWD is taking over the reins, and we are sure he'll find it
just as much fun as we did.

This year we had a total of 91 entries, the biggest response ever.

Leanore made her usual presentation at the Saturday dinner and here are the
results:

The "measured" frequency of the Tuney-Tuna was 145.925821 after adding three
decimal places to preclude a tie.  The winner was Anthony, AA2TX with his entry
of 145.925426.  The second "eyeball dip-meter" was Bill, W3XO, 145.923567.
The third was Harley, K6DS, 145.896233 and fourth was Cliff, K7RR, 145.765.

It is interesting to note that Harley and Cliff were both involved in the very
early days of Project Oscar, and Bill in the very early days of AMSAT.  It is
very easy to envision Anthony as one of our future leaders.

Agn, tnx to all.

73, Dave     88, Leanore

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....