Re: TS-2000 for digital birds?

It seems that all-band all-mode really means popular-band popular-mode.
Is this false advertising?

On the Kenwood reflector (qth.net) a comment was made something to the
effect of: why do the manufacturers add satellite functions when only a
small percentage of hams use satellites; I don't want to pay for a
feature I'll never use.

I guess the same philosophy is at work about high speed data. Only a
percentage of satellite users will use high speed data, and if this
drives up the price, most hams will buy the competitors product.

I guess the real problem is that everyone's idea of perfect radio is
different. I for one wish there was a modular DC to light software
defined DSP radio with open source software, so a perfect rig would be
only a few more lines of code away.

Darrell
VE7CLA