Re: TS-2000 for digital birds?

This has been a major concern for me (more than looks ;-).  As I recall,
one of the literature pieces said 9k6 ready.  Big deal.

Why can't Kenwood have the foresight to make it 76k digital ready?  If a
small board like the Symek module can add the function, surely Kenwood can
design and integrate a similar solution.  I remember the look on my wife's
face when I plugged in the soldering iron, unpacked my new TS-790A, and
started taking the screws out to add 9k6 capability.  She was like "you
have GOT to be kidding!  $2000 and you have to "fix" it before you can even
use it?"

She's right, you know...if I'm going to cough up $2-3k for a rig, adding
another $100-200 to make it 76k digital ready is basically a small drop in
a pretty big bucket.

Does anybody have Kenwood's ear on topics like this?  Maybe it's not too
late...

73,

Mark N8MH