Re: Kenwood TS-2000

on 10/31/00 8:59 PM, Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL at vlfiscus@mcn.net wrote:

> The words on the specs sheet, "Transverter frequency Ready" have me worried
> that the rig might not be able to do full-duplex modes UV or VU for ao-10
> or the Fuji's.  It does appear that it should be able to work the FM and
> digital birds ok though.

No, it WILL indeed do full duplex on VU, UV or whatever.  I have asked this
personally of Clifford Yueda at Kenwood and he confirmed that this is the
case.  So has Leo Famie.  Both have stated that it will be FULLY satellite
ready.

Transverter ports are needed for other bands like 220 and 902, etc.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden