Kenwood TS-2000

Hey guys,

I am back after my marriage and honeymoon to CT3 (Oh how I wished I had my
TH-D7A and Arrow antenna with me to give a very rare satellite grid out, but
I was told very firmly that I was to bring no radios I could talk into on my
honeymoon! - Quick trip to divorce court otherwise!).  CT3 (Madeira Island)
btw is quite awesome.

Anyhow, back to the subject at hand.  Last night I was looking at the add
for the Kenwood TS-2000 in my new AES catalog.  What dismayed me was that
1.2 GHz is NOT available for satellite operations!  Only 2m and 70 cm are
available meaning that the rig is not mode L capable.  Now why put that band
on a satellite rig and not make it usable in satellite mode???

Perhaps this was discussed while I was gone (I'd left the reflector) so
sorry to bring up a possibly old discussion.

Any comments?

73,

Jon
NA9D