Antarctica DX Satellite Trip Coming up!

Hi Folks,

Tomorrow I will be returning to Antarctica to begin
a two month expedition in the mountains of Queen Maud Land.
I will be assisting Polar Explorer Alain Hubert, in his
wall climb of Holtanna, a 5000ft peak.

Location ~72S 8E.

Similar to the last years trip I shall be taking an Amateur Satellite
Radio Station, in order to transmit text and images from Antarctica
back to our website here in San Francisco. Messages will be
distributed through a mailing list and images will be posted on the
WebSite. I shall try to send a travel report and a new image each day.

In addition, I will be taking with me two APRS enabled weather
stations. These have been built by myself and 3 students of
Professor Twiggs at Stanford University. The weather stations will
transmit data via SUNSAT to an antarctic ground station or igate.
The weather data should show up on www.findu.com

I'd like to thank Johann ZR1CBC, for all the assistance he has
provided me with SUNSAT in the testing of our stations over the
last three months. Several others I'd like to thank are, Scott Anderson
for aprs GS work, Steve Bible, for EasyTrak, Rob Wittner for APRS-CE
and Al Lowe for antennas.

Once again Roy, W0SL have generously offered to provide
assistance in downloading files and Ed, KE6IZN for handling the
website.

I will also try contacts on UO-14 if anyone is in the footprint??

For those not active on the Pacsats they can subscribe to my
mailing list by following the instructions on this page
www.thistle.org/pages%20folder/subscribe.html

Please check out my website at http://www.thistle.org to find out
more about the trip in the next few weeks.

hope to hear from you on the birds
73's
Ronald Ross
KE6JAB