Re: Looking for P3D opportunities

At 01:06 PM 10/30/00 -0500, Bob Bruninga <bruninga@nadn.navy.mil> wrote:

>But one thing for certain.  When P3D goes up and we have worldwide
>ham radio satellite communications, we better use it and show the
>flag, or we are missing a great opportunity.

P3D will get used and hams will love it. The Phase III satellites have
always been my favorites. I was sad when ao-13 burned. On the P3 birds, you
can have long qso's hours on end and DX stations sound as though they're
transmitting from right next door. AO-10 is available but it's not always
reliable. Anyone new to satellites that had never heard ao-13 will find
their jaw dropping on the floor the first time they experience P3D and
they're gonna love it. Everyone cross your fingers: Lets hope for good
pre-launch health, let's hope for good launch and gto, let's hope for good
separation, let's hope for timely post launch telemetry beacon activation
with the telemetry reporting everything is O.K. I can't wait, it's going to
be great!

73 de KB7ADL