RE: a few observations

> > To the folks trashing Windows as an OS for a satellite:
>
> Nah, Windows is an OK Station OS. Since a Palm can track a
> Sat, I would
> think Windows could.

In the shack, Windows is fine, and is well suited to the graphical oriented
tasks.  It does fall down  when efficiency and high performance are called
for, such as when trying to work soundcard packet.  Horses for courses, and
I use Windows for my interactive sat tracking, might use Linux for batch
jobs, as the Linux environment is much better suited to that.

Besides, the Linux box runs much better without X loaded, might as well use
the GUI that I can't unload (Windows). :)