RS13 QRM

Hello
Given the excellent propagation on 15M, that uplink  really clobbers
RS13.  Most of the stations don't even know they're doing it.  Can RS-13
operate without the 15M uplink?  I'm sure it can that probably might
eliminate some users.  Very few people I contact on RS13 use 15 for an
uplink.  This weekend with the contest going I was hearing stations from
all over via RS13.  I was able to pull out K1DRW & VE5SWL out of the mess
for a short QSO.
Any ideas?
73...Bob...W7LRD