Re: Mail Readers for this List (was Windows Question)

At 12:01 PM 10/29/2000 -0700, Franklin Antonio wrote:

>Latest Eudora is 5.0, which can be downloaded free from
><http://www.eudora.com/> .

I am using Eudora Pro 4.2 which I think was an online upgrade starting from
the one Franklin arranged as a gift for attendees at the San Diego AMSAT
meeting last year - thanks again.

For those unfamiliar with Eudora here is a bit of how I use it.
(I prefer it over Outlook Express for a number of reasons, not the least of
which is that I have not heard of problems like the 'love virus' which
affected Microsoft's program.)

I use the [amsat-bb] in the Subject line to set up a filter and sort the
messages into a mailbox, and also I have a voice announcement that 'amsat
mail has arrived'. All very nice. My wife thinks my voice coming out of the
speaker at odd moments is spooky but I like it.

Clicking on the column headings in the amsat-bb mailbox sorts the messages
by date, author or subject. The subject sort is not as nice as I have seen
with some newsreaders, where the first message in the thread is highlighted
and the Re: ones indented. That would be my only desire.

ron w8gus.