Mail Readers for this List (was Windows Question)

Ronald Long <rlong3@columbus.rr.com> wrote

> I now read the amsat list with my mail program, Eudora. It never even
> occurred to me that there were mail programs that organized the material by
> thread. I have Eudora send the messages automatically to a designated
> mailbox. That helps but it surely would be wonderful if I had a mail
> program that could organize all the past and present messages by thread,
> date and author and would allow me to search for text etc. Then I would
> have no need for the server to do it for me.

I have been recommended Agent, The Bat, & Xfile for Windows, and plan
to try each one out for a month or so. I'm also trying Eudora & Pegasus.

> I have been a GUI user since 1984 (Macintosh) and now Windows. Maybe it is
> time to see what DOS offers.

I'm trying to go the other way, but keep on going back to DOS!

Its probably worth having a look at Yarn, so far it's the reader I
prefer. There might even be versions for MAC & UNIX.

73

         Clive    G3CWV

         Hitchin, North Hertfordshire, UK.