Re: RE: OT Ancient stuff (was Windows question)

Ah yes,
TELETYPE machines!  I love them...  I used to copy the  RTTY beacon of
AO-13
on my  model 28.

We used to receive many pictures "off the wire"  at work, and along with
the hard
copy,  reperforate a tape of some of them.    Some of them were really
wonderful
and I have a few still rolled up in a cardboard tube in the archives.

I was fairly active on RTTY until it got all computerized.  There's
something about
those machines that I liked.  The writing coming out on the screen just
isn't the
same!

Teletype machines, paper tape, and all that stuff was the bread and
butter of my
career at the telegraph company for about 25 of the 31 years that I
worked there.

73,
John, K6YK