elevation meter, G-5500

dear OM/YL
the elevation indicator on my yaesu g-5500 rotor sometimes fails to indicate the elevation (remains stuck at zero) even if i move the switches for elevation.  the rotor does respond but i have no way of telling what the elevation is.  the problem is intermittent.  sometimes it works perfectly sometimes it just dies.

i have no problem with the azimuth. works all the time.
sure can use help.  is there a potentiometer i need to replace or something?

would also appreciate if you can point me to a web site for keplerian data for the moon.  would like to explore working EME (oscar zero). maybe just as an SWL first and try to listen to the big guns.  if i can hear them, then i shall strive to construct a suitable antenna system.

73
eddie
du1ev
also n1wlv