Re: Re: Windows Question

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 07:30:19AM +0100, k6yk@juno.com wrote:

> You're not going to like this, but I don't have one single ham
> program that requires windows except "WINGRID" and I don't use it
> very often because I hate to run windows to use it.  The only reason
> I installed windows on ONE machine is for the E-mail and internet so
> I can look up QSL info. Can't seem to find a DOS program to do it.

You can do email and qsl lookup with DOS using one of the various
versions of Phil Karn's NET/NOS and if you want a browser as well,
there is Arachne (http://arachne.cz).

Personally, the only Windows ham program I currently use is EZNEC and I
run that in the Win4Lin emulator on a Linux box.

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen