Re: Re: Re: Windows Question (and some on topic stuff too!)

Hello Howard!

25 Oct 00 10:38, you wrote to Mike Murphree:

 HL> COPY CON FILE.TXT
 HL>
 HL> for one or two liners at work. You should see the look on the faces of
 HL> some of the fresh-faced so-called 'experts' (Microsoft certified at
 HL> that).

Oh, I use that all the time. :-)  and other tricks, like

type nul > filename.sem

for creating 0 byte semaphores in batch files. :-)

or try copy con prn, then type in ^L^Z to make a laser printer spit out a page
that didn't eject. :-)

Anyway, maybe that's better left to some other forum.  Should be talking about
the birds in here.  Speaking of satellites, had an excellent SO-35 pass over VK
tonight.  Also, I will be likely operating train and/or tram mobile tomorrow
(26 Oct 2000) from 06:14z (AOS in Melbourne) to 06:25z on SO-35.

eQSLs and regular QSLs (for those who need to feel dead trees ;) ) are on offer
for those who want one from a rail mobile station.

QSLs will be via the following means:

1.  via www.eQSL.cc
2.  Direct email (.GIF, .JPG or .PNG only please!).
3.  Direct snail mail (my details are on QRZ.com).

QSL arrangements will hold for any future rail mobile operations until further
notice (there are likely more opportunities over the next few months).

See you on the birds!

Tony, VK3JED

.. loor was drinking.