RE: Help with Ten-Tec transverter with a RS HTX-10 please.

> How can I cut the power out on the HTX to under 20 watts
> (preferable 15) to
> avoid wrecking my transverter?   The transverter includes a dummy load
> inside that can handle up to 20 watts but I wonder if that
> could be changed
> to handle a slightly higher input?

Given that the power you're feeding the transverter is only around 25% above
the dummy load's rating, you should be able to get away with a bit of extra
cooling, such as a fan blowing over the dummy load.  You may also have to
reduce the drive to the transverter itself by modifying any voltage divider
networks, to avoid linearity problems caused by too much drive.