RE: Re: Windows Question

David M. Tipton, PhD <tiptond@psi.com> wrote:

>Good for you. So who do you call for support or to get a
>driver for unsupported hardware??

You either fix it yourself, or you collaborate with others
to solve the problem. If you bought a commercial distribution
it may include support - many of them do. I use Slackware
and have never encountered a problem I couldn't solve. Since
this seems important to you, please elaborate (privately)
on the support issues you have faced and how you have
solved them. I'm curious...

The only truly unsupported hardware is that which is not
documented - the open nature of Linux and the collaborative
nature of Linux development make it straightforward to
develop support for new hardware, if programming infor-
mation is available.

I am not interested in being an apologist for Linux, nor
am I interested in rebutting Microsoft's increasingly
hysterical FUD - I've seen the ads, and I've seen the web
pages. Linux works for me. Which is all it needs to do.

To paraphrase a character in a famous movie, if Windows
is *all* that you want, Windows is *all* that you will get...

                                   - Hospital/Shafte