RE: Re: Windows Question

> May I ask what DOS programs people still run? The
> only command-line DOS programs I've run in years
> have been fdisk and format...

For hamradio, I use LA8BX hellschreiber program, which allows to key
CW transmitters, and some old programs for finding locator and
similar.

I'm very sad that G3RUH STP tracking software has not been modified
for Y2K, because it was very fast, reliable and allowed to have table
of next passes very simply.

What's interesting that in my job (I'm a researcher in palaeobiology)
a number of DOS program are still used.
They are topic-specific statistical and GRAPHICAL programs, which
were developed over years by the cooperation of several colleagues
and are still state-of-the-art (or that became standard) for our
activity. Often their results are imported in some Windows program
for further editing, and including all this fancy fonts, and so on.

By the way... I have to use sometimes Lotus 1-2-3 for some graphical
features that MS-Excel does not provide.

All these programs still run under Windows NT4

73 Aldo IZ1ANT