Re: 2.4 Gig

In message <3.0.6.32.20001022111557.007dd190@mail.lightspeed.ca>, Peter
Rogers <progers@lightspeed.ca> writes
>       Hi, I have a Myers Dish and a UEK-2000 SAT by SSB electronic, it has a
>3 ft length of RG 8/U [large size].
>
>My question is, there must be a fair amount of loss at 2.4G, is it worth while
>to change to 1/4 heliax, the 1/4 being easier to handle than, say, the 5/8
>etc.
>
>       I have heard a signal on it as is, but I should be able to improve it
>with the heliax???

What feed Peter??

And is the RG8 from the feed to the converter? or from converter to
shack? Guess at 3ft prob dish to feed?

Better to use a 3ft length of superflex or similar 3/8 inch dia.

I use a length of hardline which represents less blocking of the dish
and is very light too.

you will loose some signal using the RG8 at 2.4

Simon GM4PLM

       The contents of this message represent the personal opinion of the
author and are not representative of the RSGB or DUBUS unless otherwise stated.
    |       Simon Lewis GM4PLM     Editor - European Microwave News      |
    |       Radio Society of Great Britain Microwave Column Editor       |
    |                DUBUS Microwave Europe Column Editor                |
    | European Microwave News - Supporting Microwave Radio Across Europe |
    |    EMN Homepage - www.emn.org.uk      Email gm4plm@emn.org.uk      |
    |      RSGB Microwave Column Homepage - www.emn.org.uk/mwcol.htm     |
    |         RSGB Microwave Column Email uwave.radcom@rsgb.org.uk       |
    | DUBUS Microwave Europe Column Homepage - www.emn.org.uk/dubus.htm  |