Re: Re: Windows Question

At 06:09 PM 10/22/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi All on BB
>
>I was told the the new MS Windows ME will not run DOS programs.
>Anyone know of confirmation or correction to this statement .
>
>Joe Murray  K0VTY.

It is my understanding that it is pretty well hidden. A really good thing
is to subscribe to the Langa List. He has been discussing this quite a lot
in recent issues. You can get it by email, twice per week, or you can read
it on the web including the back issues. http://www.langa.com/

I know there are probably hundreds of place to get PC info but this one is
the best I have found. Always some interesting stuff. Fred Langa dates way
back. He was editor of Byte in its heyday, and later editor of Windows
magazine. You can read his bio on the web site.

Search the web archives. The ME topic began with the issue of 2000-09-07.
Start there and read forward to the present, or at least until you have
satisfied yourself.

Good luck. ron w8gus