DSP-12 Strange Behavior

Hi, all:
Hoping somebody's seen this before and can offer suggestions ...

We have a station running SatSked/SatLink using a dsp-2, TNC from LL
Grace.  This station has worked fine for years.  Now suddenly, in the
process of going into or out of the KISS mode, it gets changed from the
uo-22 satellite mode to one of the spare RTTY modes.  Always the same
mode.  I've detected no pattern to when.  Manually putting it into the
proper mode works, and will last for the length of a pass.  (at least).
On the next pass, it may or may not be in the same mode.

Has anybody seen anything like this before with the DSP-12??

Thanks & 73,
Jim
wb4gcs@amsat.org