ICOM CI-V bus controlling SAT-shift

Hi there,

to control older ICOM-Radios, they must have an UX-14 Interfaceboard.
This Interfaceboard is no more available by ICOM.

A couple of month ago, Ron Long announced on the AMSAT list that
he'd called Icom for the UX-14 Interface option and that they were willing
to sell the programmed chip for $38.  I believe they are now drawing up
some schematics and trying to figure what it would cost to duplicate one of
these.

I received this Info from John, W2FS.

Does anyone know if these chips are available now? I would like to design a
new board around it
and put it on my homepage for anybody to download.

Thanks for any Info!!

Sven Alexander, DG3GBQ