Re: UO-36 off?

Hi Tyler,

My Wisp MSPE log shows Oct. 9 13:00 UTC pass as the last one to grab any
data from UO-36 on the east coast of the US.

I asked about this several days ago, and got one reply "it's working" and
another that said "nothing heard either."  The "it's working" was from
someone in Europe I'm pretty sure, while the "nothing heard" was from
another stateside station.

So, I've not copied any data from it in about 9-10 days.

I was a bit troubled when the weekly AMSAT bulletin reported the "it's
working" information in the UO-36 update, while others of us said it wasn't
downlinking data over the US.  It's a bit misleading I think.

In any event, it must be due to power budget, as it inactivity in the past
has been as well.

Hopefully things will improve...it's a fun bird to work!

73,

Mark N8MH

At 05:09 PM 10/18/2000, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>In my efforts to get the uplink working, I seem to have lost the ability
>to copy the downlink.  Can anyone else confirm or deny whether the 38k4
>downlink is working?  I had an 89 degree pass the other day and didn't
>copy one byte of information, nor did the S-meter move.
>
>I have still been unsuccessful in getting into UO-36 - for those that
>are getting into it, are you using LHCP or RHCP?  What is your transmit
>power level?
>
>I confirmed that I am uplinking 9600 with my scope, so all is well
>there.  Is there anything I need to do special in WiSP to make it work?
>
>The last day I had contact with UO-36 was October 5th.
>
>Thanks for all of your advice,
>
>Tyler
>VA3SFL
>VE3TJP