New Rigs

In the FWIW department, I called AES to check on the availability of the new
Icom IC-910H and was told they have no info on the release date (even though
it is carried in their new catalog) or price.  He also had no info on the
IC-910D, now being touted on the Icom.jp site (looks like a low power

He did tell me, though, the new Yaesu FT-817 mini-rig (I think the specs are
160 m - 70 cm, all mode, 5 W) will be priced at $769.99 and will be available
VERY SOON.  Let's see, if I put one on lay-away now, and at $5 each week....
Jerry, K5OE