More SO-35 tram activity 16 Oct 2000!

Hello All!

Just a quick note to say that the 06:18z SO-35 pass tonight was superb.  As it
was relatively early, I was still travilling home from work on the tram.  While
tram mobile, I worked Alan, ZL2VAL at 06:24z (QSL has been sent Alan).  VK2ZER
attempted to work me, but had downlink problems, so couldn't complete the QSO.
:-(

Equipment used was an Icom IC-T81A running 3.5W into a Diamond SRH-999 quad
band portable whip (probably around 3W EIRP or so - hard to guesstimate
portable antenna gains :) ).  Split operation was achieved by manually
switching between the downlink in memory and the uplink in VFO. :-)  It is a
bit disconcerting without full duplex, but it did the trick. :-)

With Sunsat passes getting earlier all the time, I expect to be rail mobile
quite frequently for the rest of the year (basically any time between 06:10z
and 06:30z is likely to result in such a QSO :) ).

Tony, VK3JED

.. sion error. See error 3032.