Costa Rica

Thanks to all who worked Eddie - K4QFF/TI8 and I during our recent trip to
Costa Rica.  It was great hearing such nice signals in Central America.  We
did not hear any activity in South America - the southernmost stations
worked were TI5KD, XE1MEX and XE2YVW.  There are 5 satellite operators in
our contest group (Pine Mountain DX Rangers) and at least one of us (K4QFF)
will be returning frequently.  A special thanks is due to KK5DO, K5OE and
K4WZ, who assisted us in a number of ways, and to TI5KD who visited us in
Quepos, and graciously hosted us at his home, and who is now an active
satellite operator.  Keko plans to activate additional grid sqaures and to
recruit new satellite operators in Costa Rica and in adjacent countries.
Thanks to the entire satellite community for letting us have more than our
fair share of satellite time to pass out EJ79.

Muchas Gracias y 73,
Dennis C. Morris
WA4ZJJ/TI8