RE: Thanks

> on UO14. Jeers to the big power bunch. You don't need all
> that power to hit
> the FM birds. 5 watts is enough.
> Flame suit on!

With good portable antennas, 0.5W is enough for Mode B on SO-35, and 0.25W
is rock solid on UO-14's Mode J uplink!  It's nice not having too many
alligators down this end of the world. :-)  Incidentally, at 5W, I have to
be careful not to be an alligator... :-)  Last week, I ran 1.5W, which seems
to be the ideal power level for SO-35 down here on most passes.