RE: An V/U antenna for LEOs?

> REALLY
> well maybe i should trade my oscar station in on a beltclip
> hamstation !
>
> > Yes, Mobile or HT satelite operation gets rid of COAX LOSS.
>  That is why
> > it worsk far better than a HOME station.  Also siec an HT
> or a CAR  ROOF
> > can see exactly the same sky as an antenna 75 feet up,
> there is no reason
> > for any coax.

I think the comment was directed more towards terrestrial stations.  An
OSCAR class station should beat anything else (except someone who has access
to a radio telescpoe's dish or similar... :) ), as it's designed
specifically for satellite operation, with coax losses taken into account
(through the use of preamps, etc).