Re: An V/U antenna for LEOs?

> REALLY
> well maybe i should trade my oscar station in on a beltclip hamstation !
>
> > Yes, Mobile or HT satelite operation gets rid of COAX LOSS.  That is why
> > it works far better than a HOME station.  Also since an HT or a CAR
> > ROOF can see exactly the same sky as an antenna 75 feet up, there is
> > no reason for any [lengthy] coax.

No.  The context of the above statement was the casual user listening to
his FIRST satellite.  WIthin that context, the user with an HT or a 1/4
wave whip on his car roof will always outperform *any* home station with a
long coax and omni gain antenna (which by definition puts all its gain on
the horizon).

de WB4APR, Bob