Re: RE - PK-96 and Pacsat Reception

jim <jmadden@seanet.com> wrote:

>Doug, I had similar difficulty a few weeks ago as I brought
>my digital station on line...

Have people used AMSAT-NA's digital satellite book? I found it
useful when setting up the station at school that ended up
talking to AO-16, LO-19, UO-22, KO-23, KO-25, IO-26 and TO-31.
I must have been doing something right. :-)

The PACSAT protocol documentation is available on AMSAT-NA's
web site, while AX.25 is available from all over the place
(try TAPR). I wrote about PACSAT protocols at some length in
my thesis, and the relevant portion is on the web at
http://www.qsl.net/ve7ldh/thesis/pbftl0.pdf

                                   - Hospital/Shafte