Re: SASAT2-11

Folks,
Information such as uplink frequencies, call signs and telemetry
coefficients will be published when commissioning is completed.  The
uplinks are being withheld during this period to help reduce interference
and allow commissioning to proceed faster.  Likewise call signs.  Telemetry
coefficients are still being tuned so it would be premature to publish them
now.
Work is progressing.  The store and forward software was tested on Saudisat
1b today and worked just fine.  The first Whole Orbit Data was collected
and is being analyzed.  Further software will be uploaded and more tests
run tomorrow.
Reception reports are welcome.  Right now Saudisat-1b tends to be on over
the US when in view of Washington DC.  -1a tends to be on when over
Riyadh.  Of course this sometimes changes as needed to support
commissioning activities.
These satellite are completely compatible with the Packsat Broadcast
Protocol.  WiSP will work just fine with them.  Current equipment that
works with UO-22 or KO-23/25 will work just fine.  When in FM loop back
mode you can work them with equipment that works with UO-14 or AO-27.  When
the transmitter is cranked up to 7 Watts you can hear them very
nicely.  But don't get to excited, that is considerably above what the
power system will support for extended periods :-)

I received my AMSAT Journal for September/October today and noted an error
in the notes about the Saudi birds on page 30.  The downlink for
Saudisat-1a is 437.075 Mhz, not 435.075 Mhz as published.  Not sure where
that error crept in but please make a note of the correct frequency.

The guys at KACST are working on a web page but progress is slow because
they are very busy checking out the birds.  There has been some discussion
about a representative coming to the Symposium in Portland to give a talk
about these birds but I haven't heard recently if that is still a possiblity.

Jim
wd0e@amsat.org
jim@coloradosatellite.com