Re: SO-35 telemetry Oct.12

Henry wrote about TELNETing to the worldwide APRS on 199.227.86.221.

> Yes, and they are all formatted to be recognized as valid APRS. Are they
> all, ALL, being TELNETTED???

Yes, every packet on any APRS channel anywhere on the planet that is heard
by any station anywhere is linked there.  All dupes are removed so that
stream gives you the worldwide view of everyone on the planet in real
time.   Think of it as HAM radio's internet.

> When I look at that screen I get vertigo!! >
> 73's Henry KA1RRT

Yep, of course, it is better to run any of the versions of APRS then you
dont see any of that.  The APRS software sorts everything to the right
places, puts everyone on the map and messages, traffic, bulletins and
statisitics screens.  THen it all makes sense... and you can talk
keyboard to keyboard to anyone anywhere live from your car or your HT.

To get a hint at what it looks like, you can use your browser to
http://www.aprs.net and select the world map.  All of this complements of
K4HG, Steve Dimse.

de WB4APR, Bob