Re: Anyone on RS-13?

on 10/12/00 9:50 AM, Doug Cooper at dougc@efn.org wrote:

> I've been away from the Sats for a couple years and thought I'd get
> back on good old RS-13.  I hear the beacon pretty loud but for the last
> week I've heard no stations at all. What's the deal? Doesn't anyone get
> on this old bird any more?
> de n7cnh/doug

Yeah, people get on.  But sometimes the satellite has been acting funky and
getting interference from the commerial or military Russian transmitter that
is right around 150 MHz.  This effectively kills the bird.  You might still
hear the beacon, but you'll hear only trash on the downlink passband.

73,

Jon
NA9D
Jon Ogden