Re: digitial/non-digital debate

on 10/12/00 5:13 AM, Tony Langdon at tlang@freeway.apana.org.au wrote:

> As for something really old, I've also dabbled in CW on RS-13 (Mode A to boot!
> :) ), and had a bit of fun, and am thinking of having a go at the SKN at the
> end of the year. :-)

Hey, it's just FUN!

Sometimes I even listen to broadcasts on my old Hallicrafters gear just for
the heck of it and the "romance" of it.  That's what our hobby is about: fun
and whatever trips ur trigger.

You know speaking of "old" technology, yesterday the most advanced
spacecraft in the world was launched into orbit.  One of the main aides to
getting it up there were two solid rocket boosters.  Let's see, I think
solid rockets were developed in China around 1000 years ago!

Yep, old technology is just useless.  Yep, old technology needs to be
abandoned....

73,

Jon
NA9D