Re: Use your fair share

on 10/11/00 7:19 AM, Reggie Gleesen at rgleesen@hotmail.com wrote:

>> why do i like uo-14, so-35 and ao-27? why are they my favorite satellites?
>>
>> name any other amateur satellite that you can make a contact with 30 people
>> in a single 15 minute pass?
>>

> You should be ashamed to admit this.  Don't you hear
> the newbies frustated at not being able to make contacts
> because some people hog the satellite?   There are no
> novice bands for them to learn satellite operating skills so
> with people like you turning the satellites into a perpetual
> contest they just give up.
>
> Do you really think its fair for you to use 20% of the
> satellite time ?

Whoa!  Anyone who knows Bruce Paige knows that he works his fair share of
newbies.  And besides, if each contact takes 5 seconds, working 30 people
takes 16.67%, but if half those people are newbies, then what the heck?

No there are no novice bands on the FM birds.  But what should we all do?
Sit and be quiet and wait for them to find their downlink?

Sheesh.

73,

Jon
NA9D