Re: digitial/non-digital debate

Hi Randy

Thanks for the response.

I don't know how many pile-ups on P3D we should expect.    Well have to
wait and see.     History so far indicates DX is an important part of
amateur hobby.

On the Lelia system do you think a full up Oscar station of AO-13 days
were to be able to hear it's downlink through P3D that the power in the
up link could be maximized so that the down link would also be maximized
by detecting when Lelia started to cut off ??      Do you think that
would allow all operators to try to build stations that can have a
maximum lelia downlink??    Do you think it would be possible to program
up link power as we do doppler frequency shift to maintain the maximum
uplink power to the bird??

I suggest Lelia may work or it may be less than the designers had hoped
for.    Lelia is another one of those systems we will all have to wait
and find out the end results.

I for one have no idea how digital voice will work on the satellite  .
Hopefully some few will find out how that works also.

73's  Joe  K0VTY