Date: 11 Oct 00 21:18:49 +1000
From: Tony Langdon <tlang@freeway.apana.org.au>
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] circular polarization sense

Hello Mark!

10 Oct 00 06:56, you wrote to 'amsat-
bb@AMSAT.Org':

 MW> spinning very fast, but I doubt we could
physically accomplish the
 MW> speeds required (c. 435 million RPM). ;^)

Slight error, multiply that by 60, as it's 435 million
revolutions per _second_
(Hz = cycles per second :) ).

Think the antenna would fall apart at that speed and
spear everything within a
few mile radius with shrapnel. :-)

Tony, VK3JED

.. PUNNY BOOK: The Miracle Drug - Penny Cillin
--
|Fidonet:  Tony Langdon 3:633/284.18
|Internet: tlang@freeway.apana.org.au
|
| Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are
strictly his own.

----
Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy
of AMSAT-NA.
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb" to
Majordomo@amsat.org