P3D DX pileups was Re: digitial/non-digital debate

>on 10/11/00 12:39 AM, Joseph V Murray at k0vty@juno.com wrote:
>
> > Given we have the digital system envisioned .     How will it work in a
> > DXposition pile up of many many stations compared to the current SSB
> > systems?     The pileup in question are the ones that were readily found
> > on AO-13 in it's hay-day.

I bet DX pile ups in analog mode on P3D will not be like they were on AO-13.

You are going to have some stations with their AO-13
antennas and RF power amps pumping too much power into the P3D.  I expect
to hear LEILA activated a lot when DX pile ups start.

Maybe they will work better in digital voice if automatic power control is
part of
the ground hardware!

Or if all you are after is a valid QSO for DXCC or VUCC maybe an automated
digital exchange will let more people get in faster and there will not be any
pile ups.

Randy N7SFI