Re: P3D information

> Microwave and digital modes will ENABLE the third world hams to get on a
> high altitude satellite for the first time. How many third world
> countries are active on Mode B anyway?

Anyone who has worked >100 countries via satellite on VHF, UHF and Microwave
bands knows that <10% of DX operations were active on microwave satellite
bands during the 90's... Microwave equipment was simply not available to
these smaller, remote, and/or less wealthy operators.  Howeve they could
often cobble together a working mode B or mode J station from available
equipment.  I doubt the situation will be much different next year...

Dennis - N4NR