Re: P3D information

All perpetuating old modes is going to do for AMSAT is keep
people from using the birds.  It used to take a fairly substantial
antenna setup and a moderate amount of power (10W on 70cm usually didn't cut
it) to work AO-13 at apogee (or for most of its pass),
and that kept many from ever using the bird.

Newer modes such as L/S add only a little extra cost to a ground
station (all most none if built from scratch)... and two small
antennas (helices, small dishes, etc) on a camera tripod on the
back porch of an apartment, or field day site could be as much
of a "big-gun" with low amounts of power as anyone else.

Its just such a more intelligent solution to the problem than
a two large KLM (or M^2, Cushcraft, Hygain) beams.

The digital experimentation is going to further lessen the requirments
more in the future...

I really hope AMSAT doesn't become the "NTSC" of the satellite world...

Fred Spinner W0FMS/AAR7DV