Re: P3D information

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 07:05:58PM -0500, Jon Ogden wrote:
> There is no reason why in the future we can't build a bird that is capable
> of multiple modes.

Limited by the size of the spacecraft, cost, etc, of course.  In any
case, the specifications of any given amateur satellite will be
decided by the people who build it, who won't necessarily be
looking for joe ham's opinion.

My opinion is that we should not let old technology (SSB/CW/FM)
limit our experimentation in the future. If there's only space for the
mode B transponder or the S band spread spectrum link, send
the spread spectrum every time. IMHO, of course.

But then I'm not a ragchewer, which is what SSB/CW/FM are for.

regards
Hamish