Re: digitial/non-digital debate

on 10/11/00 12:39 AM, Joseph V Murray at k0vty@juno.com wrote:

> Given we have the digital system envisioned .     How will it work in a
> DXposition pile up of many many stations compared to the current SSB
> systems?     The pileup in question are the ones that were readily found
> on AO-13 in it's hay-day.

That's a very good question.  Will digital work when 100 or even 1000
stations are all piling on each other.  Certainly an FM modulated signal
would have the same capture effect as analog FM.  And anyone who has
operated RTTY in a contest or pileup (on the receiving end) knows how
difficult it is to decode a 45 baud signal with many stations calling.

How will it work?  Very good question.

73,

Jon
NA9D