Re: Satellite Newbee thoughts

Bob, if you really believe that stuff about:
"That is my
mission, to find ways to use the satellites to support the lonely traveler
that is outside of the terrestrial HAM radio connectivity..."

Rremember those areas South of Annapolis which you referred to last year as
'dark holes" with no terrestial aprs??Then why ignore the need to
systematically listen on the downlink for the plaintiff CQ of the lonely
traveller??
When there is no Igate, his calls drop through the crack. You have been
very, very quiet about this problem. We've been touting something that flat
a__ does not work, and cannot work without volunteers systematically
listening to the downlink. Why ignore this missing link in supporting "the
lonely traveller....?"

We should do this as a public service before they take our frequencies away.

There is a mindset here that this is our hobby and public service be damned.
Jeff and others have proved that we can catch everything on the downlink and
handle it, but we have all been hesitant to commit ourselves to a schedule.
I'll commit part of my time, will you??

Henry
KA1RRT