RE: P3D information

> In an idea situation, great.  But add any background noise
> and it sounds as
> if you are talking in a fishbowl.  Literally!

Eeek! :)

> GSM is a better system IMHO.  Better voice quality and you
> don't need linear
> amplification like you do for CDMA.

Falls in a hole in rural areas though, with the distances we sometimes need
to cover...  But yes, the audio quality is quite good.

Keeping it on topic, I see a TDMA system via satellite being rather tricky,
due to propagation delays (not saying it's impossible, but the propagation
delays inherent in satellite comms would make it rather "interesting" to
implement :) ).